A depression is group of symptoms that reflects a sad and/or irritable mood exceeding normal sadness and grief.
The following indicators for depression count when they last for more than 2 weeks:
• Hopelessness- unrelenting sad, anxious or ‘empty’ mood
• Insomnia, interrupted sleep or sleeping too much
• Reduced appetite and/or weight loss; increased appetite or weight gain.
• Loss of interest in ones favorite activities
• Inability to find interest in new activities or hobbies/relationship.
• Edginess or irritability
• Feeling of disorientedness
• Difficulty concentrating and remembering
• Feeling of guilt and worthlessness
• Suicidal thoughts.