Cerebral palsy is a group of disorders affecting the body movement, balance and posture. It may also be called “brain paralysis” and the first indications of the disease usually appear in the early life.
The indications include:
• A mother may find that the child is eight months old and the head is still not steady.
• The child may be close to his second birthday and still may not be trying to walk.
• The muscle tone of the body may be different. The muscles are stiff or flaccid.
• The child may show preference for one side of the body.
• The child may exhibit unusual posture.