Myocardial infarction is a heart attack caused due to the blockage of blood to the heart muscles. If blood supply is not restored with 20 to 40 minutes irreversible death of the heart muscles begin to start thus leading to the death of the person.
The indications of a heart attack include:
• Chest pain with sensation of tightness, pressure and squeezing.
• Pain radiates to left arm.
• Shortness of breath.
• Excessive sweating.
• Coldness of the skin.
• Paleness or pallor.
• Increased or irregular heart beat.
• Weakness and fatigue.
• Heartburn like sensation.
• Vomiting or nausea or discomfort in upper middle abdomen.