Fibromyalgia is a medical disorder, literally meaning pain in the muscles and connective tissue. The primary indication is pain experienced in certain locations called tender points, and the pain radiates to other parts of the body. Some of these tender points are back of the head, upper back, neck, chest, elbows, hips, knees, rib cage and buttocks.
• Those suffering from fibromyalgia lack deep sleep, called "non-rapid-eye-movement" (non-REM) sleep. Waking up fatigued and not feeling fresh is common among them.
• Pain gets aggravated by noise, weather change and emotional stress.
• Gastrointestinal problems including irritable bowel syndrome with gas and alternating diarrhea and constipation.
• Swollen Glands
• Night sweat.
• Stiff neck.
• Tingling or numbness in the hands and feet.
• Reddening of eye.
• Mental and emotional disturbance.
• Urinary frequency caused by muscle spam.
• Painful menstrual periods in case of women.
• Problems in climbing stairs.
• Sensitive to odour, noises, bright light and touch.