Meningococcal Disease Vaccine (MCV4)
It is a killed vaccine made from the outer polysaccharide capsule of the meningococcal bacteria. This vaccine is injected either in the fat of the arm or muscle.
Recommended age of administration:
• This vaccine is recommended for all children and teens, ages 11 through 18 years of age.
• This vaccine is used in persons ages 2 as a part of routine immunization schedule.
Individuals with following conditions should not receive:
• Individuals who had a serious allergic reaction to a previous dose of meningococcal vaccine or to one of the vaccine components.
• Individuals who are moderately or severely ill.
• Individuals with a history of Guillain-Barré Syndrome who are not in a high-risk group for invasive meningococcal disease should not receive MCV4.