Baby’s skin is very tender and sensitive unlike grown ups, therefore it needs an extra care. There are many baby products available in baby stores, but one has to be cautious for choosing the right product. Here are few tips that can help to choose from the wide variety of products available in the market.
• Though plain water is sufficient to clean the baby’s skin, a mild soap can be used occasionally. Choose a mild herbal baby soap preparation that are enriched with natural essential oils and herbal extracts like olive oil, coconut oil, calendula etc.
• Baby powders made from bentonite clay or cornstarch are a good choice for baby. Avoid powders made of talc and fragrance.
• Apply powder only on the folds of the neck, underarm and the diaper area. Avoid application on face as it might cause lung problems when the particles of powder are inhaled.
• A gentle lotion free from petroleum gel (mineral oils) and fragrance is the right choice to moisturize the dry skin of a baby.
• A moisturizer includes aloe vera, marigold, and calendula herbal extracts that act as a natural moisturizer and has anti bacterial properties.
• Select a natural shampoo that is hypo allergic, non toxic and free from harmful chemicals.
• Avoid strong detergent to wash baby clothing. Use hypo allergic detergents or soaps specially formulated for washing infant clothes. This can avoid rashes and leaves a gentle touch to baby’s skin.