Children represent the future. Newborns and children up to 5years are very vulnerable to malnutrition and infections as their body immune system has not been fully developed.
Nearly 10 million children under the age of 5 years die due to various factors concerning malnutrition and disease infection. The loss of child is a tragedy- both for the family as well as for the humanity. So it is the right of every individual to protect their child against diseases and grow them into a healthy individual.
Discussed below are the ways to protect a child’s health:
• A minimum of 10 hours of sleep per night is essential for every child.
• A child should eat plenty of healthy foods and drink water everyday.
• Junk food should be avoided as far as possible. Empty calories in soft drinks and fatty foods promote obesity, which causes all kinds of health problems.
• Kids should be engaged in outdoor activities and play as far as possible.
• A child should get plenty of exercises by enrolling in gymnastics, swimming or other outdoor games.
• A child should not spend too much of time on internet, TV, online games or messaging.
• Kids should be kept away from smokers because second hand smokers can exacerbate asthma and other respiratory problems.
• A child should be taught good personal habits like washing hands before eating, after using rest room and after wiping their nose.
• Any cut or scrapes on a child’s body should be properly cleaned and bandaged to prevent further infections.
• They should be regularly taken to the physician for annual check-ups and recommended immunizations.
• If they are sick, they should not be sent to schools.
• Every parent should routinely spent some time with their child daily and what’s going on inside their mind, in order to prevent themselves from unnecessary stress.
• Inside the house, a child should be protected from unnecessary hazards like unsafe cleaning products, medicines, swimming pools, sharp tools and unsafe furnishings.
• A child should be taught to behave safely in the world like crossing the road.