When thinking of reducing stress in life, usually techniques like meditation and yoga come to our mind. Seldom comes to our mind the idea of keeping pets in order to de-stress ourselves. Animals make people feel good.
Below are given some of the ways in which a pet can improve a person’s health:
• Pets are natural mood enhancers.
• Pets control blood pressure better than drug.
• Pets encourage a person to go out and exercise. Because exercise is good for stress management and overall health, owing a pet can be credited with increasing these benefits. Pets have been known to help people in astounding ways, but they have the greatest number of success stories with heart attack patients. Pets can also serve as a loyal support to their bed-ridden owners, providing them with the comfort that results in a quicker recovery.
• Pets help in recovery from illness.
• Pet can help with social support. Taking a pet out for walk increases the opportunity of meeting our friends and acquaintances, which also has great stress management benefits.
• Pets help in lowering cholesterol. According to the research, owing a pet has the potential of making it easier to avoid the dangers of cholesterol. However, this can be attributed to the lifestyles of the pet-owners.
• Pets stave of loneliness and provide unconditional love. Pets can be the best antidote for loneliness and best of friends for a person.
• Owning a pet lead to fewer allergies and stronger immunity. Researches have noted that when children grow up in a home with a dog or cat they are less likely to develop allergies.
• Pets can reduce stress- sometimes more than people.
Regardless of the personal and professional problems in a person’s life, pets continue to love unconditionally; and it is precisely this love that keeps human beings healthy and happy.