One-third of cancer cases are preventable according to world health organization.One can away from cancer by following healthy life style such as maintaing normal weight, eating fiber diet (25 gm/day), regular screening and preventing from risk factors of carcinogenesis like viral infection, smoking, drinking, lack of exercise, exposure to ultraviolet etc.
Other prevention tips are,
• Attain relaxed mind through yoga or meditation.
• Don’t smoke and avoid second-hand smoke.
• Exercise regularly at least 30 minutes per day.
• Avoid exposure to cancer causing chemicals, x-rays.
• Avoid or reduced usage of processed meats, salty foods, high calories diet.
• Get immunized with Hepatitis B, and human papillomavirus (HPV).
• Women should have annual mammograms and Pap smear tests.
• Eat a healthy diet which includes vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes.
• Use sun protective clothing, like long sleeves and hats to protect from ultraviolet rays.