Arthritis is a health condition associated with problem in joints in the body. Osteoarthritis is the commonly known form. This is caused due to trauma or infection of the joint resulting in degeneration of joints. Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and septic arthritis are some of the other forms of joint problems.
Uses of Exercises for arthritis patients:
• Weight is regulated
• Good for a healthy heart
• Helps to strengthen bone and muscle
• Exercise strengthens the joints
• Sleep pattern is regulated
• Reduces anxiety
• Aids in enhancing energy level
• Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
Below given are some exercises for people with arthritis:
• Walking increases strength and joint flexibility thereby reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
• Tai Chi martial arts can help mobility and relaxes the body due to its fluid like circular movements.
• Yoga helps to provide a flexibility to body, movement of joints and reduces stiffness of muscles.
• Warm water exercise will give a soothing effect to the joints, helps to relax the muscle and will ease the body stiffness.
• Cycling is one of the best exercise methods. This will make you leg joints move, making it reduce stiffness in joints. Both indoor cycling and outdoor cycling is helpful, use which ever is opt for you.
• Jogging must be done in a smooth surface if you have joint pains. Jogging or running can not cause joint pains, but can worsen them in some cases.