Memory power has varied from person to person, therefore by following basic things that can improve ability to retain and retrieve memories:
• Be energetic at work.
• Maintain to-do list.
• Don't put pressure on mind.
• Repetition of new words, names etc.
• Pay attention while handling new things.
• Learn via audio rather than reading.
• Relate information to what you know already.
• Organize information by write down things in address books.
• Understanding basic ideas rather than memorizing.
• Review what you learned earlier.
By maintaining healthy habits such as regular exercise, managing stress, have a good sleep, avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
Healthy Diet for memory:
• Consume vitamin B rich foods such as spinach, broccoli, strawberries, citrus fruits, asparagus, legumes, black beans. They help to produce red blood cells and protect neurons.
• Take more antioxidant foods such as green tea, blue berries, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, nuts, and citrus fruits. They maintain blood cells healthy.
• Consume omega-3-fatty acid rich food such as salmon fish, and walnuts protect brain from inflammation.