Stress is the emotional and physical strain caused by family problems, job problems, financial problems etc. Stress can cause muscle tension, headaches, back aches, jaw pain, stomach aches and heart burn, high blood pressure, rapid heart beat and palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness and chest pain.
It is important to recognize the causes and take steps towards the problems-
• Take a deep breath and realize that you have power to control your life.
• Say something positive to yourself as soon as you wake up.
• Start every day with reflection, spiritual or otherwise.
• Prioritize your tasks and work to finish them starting with the highest priority .
• Focus on one task at a time.
• Listen to music.
• Emphasize quality in your work, rather than sheer quantity.
• Schedule your day and your stress.
• Being organized and getting your priorities straight can help you to break responsibilities down into manageable pieces.
• Stop worrying about what you cannot change.
• Start your day right with breakfast, and keep your energy up and your mind clear with balanced, nutritious meals throughout the day.
• Reduce the amount of coffee, soft drinks, chocolate, and sugar snacks in your diet.
• Make time for at least 30 minutes of exercise, help in reducing and preventing the effects of stress.
• Get enough sleep, if possible get into regular sleeping habits.
• Talk to friends. This is one of the most important things, as keeping things bottled up can only cause more stress.
• Try some relaxation or breathing techniques.