The carrot contains about 490 phytochemical and is thus rightly called as poor man's ginseng. They are rich in Beta-carotene an antioxidants, which helps the immune system to tackle cancer cell. It protects the cell from free radicals and prevents oxidation of fat. The carrot is a rich source of Vitamin A, calcium, potassium, vitamin B and C.
Health benefits of Carrots:
• They are best source of Vitamin A which is needed for the formation of rhodopsin in eye.
• Vitamin A in carrots helps to cure coughing and high blood pressure.
• Eating carrots or drinking carrot juice everyday results in radiant skin.
• Carrot is a rich source of calcium which is needed for vasoconstriction.
• Carrot contains potassium that enhances normal heartbeat.
• Carrot is a rich source of Vitamin B that enhances metabolism.
• Carrot contains Vitamin C that helps to strengthen blood vessel and protects cells from free radicals.
• The beta carotene in carrots will stop heart disease and macular degeneration.
• Alpha carotene decreases the risk of Lung cancer.
• Fresh carrot juice can provide instant energy to the body.
• Carrot soup has been used to treat diarrhea. It inhibits the bacterial growth.
• Carrots have carotenoids that help to reduce blood sugar level by decreasing the insulin resistance.