Long and lustrous hair has always been regarded as a sign of health and vitality. Proper hair care basically includes moisturization and cleaning, which help to eradicate some of the common problems like hair breakage, split ends, thinning, excessive hair fall and dandruff etc,. The benefits of natural oil have been experienced by many to alleviate these problems.
Coconut oil for hair care is an age old beauty tip for growing hair. Coconut oil can nourish each hair strand by penetrating deep into the hair shaft. It makes the hair soft and shiny and prevents it from breakage and dryness. It adds strength and vitality to hair and is also known to have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal characteristics. Therefore, coconut oil can be used for common scalp problems and to heal insect bites and keep the lice away from the hair scalp. Coconut oil promotes overall scalp health, which is crucial for the growth of healthy hair.
Coconut oil is an excellent emollient and can provide much needed moisture to the scalp and hair. Coconut oil is ideal for dry hair. It acts as natural conditioner for hair. For maximum results, coconut oil should be warmed and then massaged gently on the forehead.
Other Benefits of Coconut Oil:
It is a known fact that coconut oil is good for hair growth, but it can have many other health benefits as well.
• Coconut oil is a rich source of fatty acids like oleic acids, linolenic acids, etc, and much of the health benefits of coconut oil have been attributed to these fatty acids.
• Coconut oil when used for cooking has been found to be very effective in maintaining the blood cholesterol levels.
• It can also control hypertension and diabetes.
• It can boost the immune system and ensure proper digestion and metabolism.
• Coconut oil is rich in vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant.
• Apart from these, coconut oil has got anti-fungal, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties.
So whether used for nourishing hair and skin or for cooking, coconut oil is few of the natural oil having diverse applications.