Unbalanced diet may lead to problems to hair like dryness, brittleness, dandruff and ultimately hair loss. So, include the following in the diet for healthy hair-
• Protein source such as meat, fish, poultry, milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt and sunflower seeds.
• Calcium source such as cheese, nuts, eggs, milk, yogurt, sardines and root vegetables.
• Iodine source such as seafood, dried kelp and iodized salt.
• Iron source such as spinach, cockles, liver, kidneys, pulses, lentils, beans, peas and dried fruit.
• Sulfur source such as eggs, meat, cheese and other diary products.
• Vitamin A source such as butter, eggs, milk, apricots, carrots, tomatoes, oily fish, and dark green leafy vegetables.
• Vitamin B source such as milk, eggs, wholegrain cereals, bread, wheat germs, nuts, soy beans, poultry, fish and meat.
• Vitamin C source such as blackcurrant, green peppers, citrus fruits, bananas, avocados, artichokes and leafy green vegetables.
• Vitamin D source such as sunlight, fish liver oils, oily fish, milk and eggs.
• Vitamin E source such as wheat germ, peanuts, vegetable oils, pulses and green leafy vegetables.
Beside healthy diet it is important that proper exercise will ensure proper blood flow to scalp and will help in the development of hair.