It is always embarrassing to have a whole load of ingrown hair on hands and legs and they also prevent you from flaunting your beautiful toned limbs as they look as tiny bumps on your skin. There are many reasons why you are getting ingrowths like when you use improper way while shaving and waxing.
You can prevent it easily by taking some preventive measure:
• Don’t go for wax when you don’t have full growth of hair as they cannot pull up completely if you have small hair growth.
• If you are comfortable with shaving, they remember to shave in the direction of hair growth instead of against it and shave hair when they are wet as wet hair are soft and you can remove them easily.
• Clean the area of ingrowth hair with hydrogen peroxide and then gently remove ingrowth with the help of sterile tweezers
• Before opting any technique, it is advisable to have a bathe with warm water, as hair can be removed from root as pores open up.
• It is extremely important to scrub your skin with an appropriate exfoliator.
• Regular exfoliation will make the ingrown hair grow out of the hair follicle and try to use warm water before exfoliation as it helps to open up the pores of the skin, so that dirt and grime can come out easily.
• You can make your own exfoliator at home by mixing salt with olive oil. You can also use sugar instead of salt while preparing exfoliator.
• Make sure to wear loose clothes after shaving or waxing.