Snoring is a condition of obstructed breathing caused when the air passages are blocked which leads to vibration of tissues as you breathe and creates noise. It can affect the quantity and quality of your sleep.
Snoring is a symptom of sleep apnea, increases risk of obstructive sleep apnea, heart disease, high blood pressure, and stroke. Individual suffering with snoring, can relive from it by maintaining below mentioned ways-
• Changing sleeping positions might cure your snoring.
• Use pillows to elevate the head from bed, which may make breathing easier.
• Keep allergies under control which helps to reduce your snoring.
• Losing weight can reduce fatty tissue in the back of the throat and decrease snoring.
• Avoid drinking alcohol before bedtime.
• Avoid taking sleeping pills, antihistamines and sedatives can help to reduce your snoring.
• Stop smoking, as this aggravates the tissues in the throat that make you snore.
• Don’t eat a heavy meal before going to bed.
• Try to drink a tablespoon of honey before going to bed.
• Minimize your intake of sweets, chocolates, pizza, and other rich foods.
• Avoid high fat milk products like soya milk in evening, help to reduce mucus build in your throat.
• Try using nasal strips while sleeping to open your nasal passages, and may reduce snoring.
• Have a regular sleeping habit schedule.
• Regular exercise helps to keep your nasal passages healthy.
• Continuous positive airway pressure can helpful to cure your snoring.
• Surgery includes uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, thermal ablation palatoplasty, tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy for treating snoring.