Hydrotherapy is the use of cold or warm water for soothing and relief to people suffering from various diseases. In general, warm water causes arteries and veins to expand and allows blood and lymph to flow more easily while cold water makes the arteries and veins constrict, pushing blood and lymph away from the area.
Hydrotherapy commonly used in treatment of arthritis, back pain, depression, headache, asthma, pneumonia etc. The benefits of hydrotherapy are-
• It helps to get rid of toxins from the body that may be causing joint pain, inflammation and relieve pressure on joints and bones.
• It improves blood circulation and increased endorphins boosting the immune system.
• It supplies fresh nutrients and oxygen to injured tissue and helps in removal of waste products.
• It hydrates the cells and improving skin and muscle tone.
• It helps to relieve the pain, swelling and stiffness.
• It increases muscle strengthening, maintenance and restores cardiovascular fitness.
• It enhances mental and physical fitness.
• It improves ability to fall asleep and the quality of sleep.
• It helps to reduce risk of respiratory problems and increase respiration.
• It acts as anti-aging by nourishing cells and promotes regeneration of tissues helping the body to heal from sicknesses.
• It helps to relieve stress and tension.
• It enhances the metabolic rate and digestion activity.