Lemon is the primary source of citric acid and has an anti bacterial property because of its acidic Ph.
Medicinal properties of Lemon:
• A mix of lemon juice with warm water does wonders for digestive system by relieving from heartburn, bloating and belching.
• Salt added lemon juice helps to control high BP and nausea. In general it reduces stress and mental depression.
• Drinking lemon tea is a good way of losing weight. Drink it with one spoon of honey mixed in it.
• Lemon has diuretic property and helps to treat rheumatism and arthritis.
• Lemon water is a good blood purifier and treats diseases like cholera and malaria.
• As an antiseptic medicine and rich source of vitamin C, lemons are used as beauty enhancers. It rejuvenates skin and add glow to the face.
• Lemon helps to fight sore throat and tonsillitis. Gargle a mixture of lemon juice and water to get rid of sore throat.
• Lemon juice is a good cure for breathing problems in asthma patients.
• It can help to reduce internal bleeding.
• It is a good treatment for scurvy.
• It is used in dental care by applying fresh juice of lemon in tooth ache areas.
• A piece of lemon applied over a corn will reduce the pain overnight.