Beetroot is a root vegetable which is rich in nutritional value and has heaps of health benefits. It has an interesting sweet and salty taste. The colour of beetroot varies from red to purple and this is due to variation in amount of betalain pigments. The roots and leaves have medicinal uses.
Benefits and Curative Properties
• Beet roots can help clean kidneys as well as gall bladder from many toxic wastes.
• Beet roots are helpful for acidosis and help to eliminate toxic.
• The juice of the red beet aids to treat anemia and strengthens the immune system.
• Leaves of beet root made into juice and mixed with lime juice and are a good treatment for jaundice and gastric ulcer.
• Beet roots have a property to increase peristalsis and help to prevent constipation.
• The juice of beet root help dissolve inorganic calcium deposits thus is good for people with hypertension, arteriosclerosis, varicose veins, etc.
• The beet juice, taken along with carrot and cucumber juice is very good to clean kidneys and gall bladder.
• Apply beet root water with white vinegar in 3:1 ratio to wash skin after measles.
• Apply beet root extract with white vinegar in small amount to remove dandruff.
• Beetroot can help to strengthen the nerves.
• Having beetroots juices everyday reduces blood pressure levels.