Mints ease the symptoms of nausea and indigestion when taken in the form of tablet or juice as it relaxes the digestive system and reduces the digestive spasms. It can help from pain in abdomen as it has anesthetizing effect. It can be used to relieve nausea during pregnancy.
Medicinal properties of Mint:
• Mint leaves extract is useful to treat stomach ailments like indigestion.
• To get rid of stomach ache, boil few mint leaves and drink the juice.
• Apply mint juice to acne every night and wash it with cold water early in the morning.
• For sore throat add some mint extract to salt water and gargle
• To reduce the scars caused by Eczema, Scabies and Dermatitis, mint juice can be applied on the affected area.
• A mixture of 5 teaspoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons honey with ¼ cup mint juice is used to treat thread worm and acidity.
• Mint tea relieves from menstrual cramps and heavy menstruation
• Mint has been used as contraceptive , ½ teaspoon mint powder taken with water 10 minutes before intercourse prevents pregnancy.
• For sound sleep, drink mint juice every night.
• Drinking mint tea 30 mins before meals increases appetite
• Mint extract is used to cure cold, flu and flatulence
• Chewing mint leaves reduces the problem of bad breath.
• Mint can be used to cure dog bites and bee stings
• Mint has an excellent wound healing properties
• Infusion of mint is good for hypertonic diseases, atherosclerosis and liver diseases.