Though the food smells good and tasty, there could have been a contamination which may cause some unwanted stomach upsets, like vomiting, stomach ache, gastric problem, diarrhea, head ache etc. It is very important to treat these symptoms as soon as they occur. Food poisoning can be prevented by following good cooking hygiene. Here are few remedies that can be followed at home for food poisoning.
1. Take warm water along with lemon juice, after a vomit. This eases vomiting and stomach cramps.
2. Ginger is the best remedy for poisoning. Ginger extract mixed with lemon juice gives an instant relief from the symptoms of food poisoning.
3. Ginger paste with butter milk can also ease stomach acidity.
4. Drink herbal tea that includes mint leaves and basil leaves, to ease pains or cramps.
5. Take a glass of pomegranate juice or chew the inner lining of the pomegranate peel along with salt. Pomegranate relieves nausea.
6. Papaya is very useful for treating food poisoning. Boil few pieces of papaya in water, drain the extract and drink the mixture, 2-3 times a day.
7. Powder equal quantities of jeera (cumin seeds) and methi (fenugreek seeds), mix the powder in water and drink the mixture. This gives relief from abdominal pain and vomiting.
8. Add a little extract of basil leaves, black pepper and salt to fresh curd. Take this at least 3-4 times a day. This relieves vomiting, tiredness and body pain.
9. Take good rest. If symptoms persist consult a doctor.