Hypothyroidism is a thyroid hormone deficiency caused due to lack of thyroid-stimulating hormone. Hypothyroidism id found to affect women between the ages of 35 and 60, four times more often than men. One of the main effects of hypothyroidism is weight gain, constipation and weekness.
Tips for people suffering from hypothyroidism:
• Drink plenty of water, atleast 6-9 glass of water per day.
• Take fiber rich foods as it is essential for digestion, has an effective role in managing obesity and cardiovascular problems. Do not overload your stomach, have small portions of food at a time and maintain a regular time interval between meals.
• Include seafood and other iodine rich foods.
• Consumption of coconut oil helps to trigger the production of thyroid hormone.It enhances your metabolism.
• Have a green tea daily and include tyrosine rich food in your regular diet like lean meats, fish and low-fat milk.
• Include foods such as tuna, brown rice and salmon which are rich source of selenium.
• Add pumpkin, carrots, spinach and oatmeal in your diet.