Fruits form a very significant portion of a well balanced diet. Fruits have rich contents of fibers, minerals and vitamins and thus form an invaluable asset for a healthy life.
Fruits, fresh or dried have been natural staple food of human beings since ancient times.
They are easily digestible and apart being a good source of food serve as medicines and treating ailments.
• Consuming fruits are an excellent way to retain and balance moisture in our body.
• Fruits have low level of sodium and serve good for persons availing sodium free diet.
• Dry fruits like raisins and dates are rich in iron and calcium content with is necessary for good blood and strengthening of the bones respectively.
• 1 or 2 fruits a day clean the digestive tract and aids easy bowel action.
• Guavas, custard apple, papaya, lemons and oranges are good source of vitamin C and vitamin A.
• Fruits like apple, lemon, orange and pomegranate aid in proper functioning of the heart.
• Nutrients in apple, date and mangoes sharpen memory; prevent exhaustion, hysteria, insomnia and mental tension.
• All forms of berries are rich in iron, phosphorus and sodium that are beneficial for blood building and nerve strengthening.
• Lemons are good for liver ailments, indigestion and rheumatism.
• Watermelons are good kidney cleansers.
• Grapefruit juice is an effective aid for common cold. Fresh and ripe fruits like grapes, apples, bananas and figs are good for all brain deficiencies.
• Pineapple, pomegranates help in soothing inflammation of nose, throat, hay fever and other chronic or bronchial ailments.
• Even the kernel of walnut is a helpful remedy for weakness of the brain.
Thus eating liberal amount of fruits ensures a healthy and energetic life and increases the life span also.