Egg was thought to be one of the most nutritious food and must for a balanced healthy diet. But in years, egg has got the bad reputation particularly due to the growing cases of cardiovascular and heart diseases.
The following points scrutinize the nutritional value of egg:
• Eggs are of immense benefit for eyes. According to one study, an egg per day may prevent macular degeneration due to its carotenoids contents specifically lutein and zeaxanthin.
• According to the study, an egg per day lowers the risks of developing cataracts in a person.
• One egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all 9 essential amino acids.
• Studies have revealed that there is no significant link between egg consumption and heart disease. In fact regular consumption of eggs may prevent blood clots, strokes and heart attacks.
• They are a good source of choline which helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system.
• Eggs contain right kinds of fats. One egg contains just 5gms of fat and only 1.5 grams of saturated fat.
• Contrary to the popular belief, recent studies have revealed that moderate consumption of egg does not have a negative impact on cholesterol.
• Eggs are one of the only foods that contain natural occurring Vitamin D.
• Eggs may prevent Breast Cancer.