Chillies are generally associated with burning tongue and watery eyes. Although known for their extreme bitter and spicy nature, green chillies can provide various health benefits and bring a prosperous smile on a person’s face.
Rich in vitamins and low in fat and cholesterol, green chillies are a super food with super flavor. They are available fresh, dried, ground, canned and pickled. Along with providing spicy nature and flavor to the food, they aid in enhancing our health.
• Green chillies are very high in Vitamin A and C. Surprisingly, one gram of green chillies has more vitamin C content than oranges.
• They are excellent medicines for lungs as they act as decongestants.
• They help in the dissolution of blood clots.
• Green chillies help in pain relief as after its consumption, our brain releases natural opiates endorphins that reduce the pain and also affects emotions.
• They contain lots of beta-carotene- more than carrots.
• They also provide relief from problems like migraines, headaches, sinusitis and even arthritis.
• Green chillies help in the prevention of serious diseases condition like cancer and leukemia.
• The heating quality of chillies, due to the presence of capsaicin, intensifies body’s metabolic activity thereby increasing its ability to burn calories and fats.
• Capsaicin also helps in the treatment of wrinkles, heart health and facial twitching. It is also used in case of inflammation.
However, it should be noted that one can get the most benefits from the green chillies only when it is green and fresh. Red, dried chillies must be reconstituted in hot liquid before consumption.