Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it can affect mood and energy level of the entire day. Eating a bowl of oatmeal each morning is the perfect way to start your day. Oat meal and oat fiber are the significant sources of dietary fiber. Oatmeal has long ranked among the best foods for fighting cholesterol. A single bowl of oatmeal provides all essential nutrients like complex carbohydrates, B vitamins, fiber, and minerals such as phosphorus, iron and calcium.
The benefits of oats are due to the facts that oats are a good source of both soluble and insoluble fiber.
The other benefits of oats include:
• Low Cholesterol: A recent study revealed that a bowl of oat everyday reduces the risks of cardiovascular diseases by 10%.
• Reduces high blood sugar: Type 2 diabetic patients can benefit a lot from a morning breakfast of oatmeal.
• Boosts immune system: Selenium and Vitamin E present in the oatmeal significantly enhances the human immune system response to the bacterial infections.
• Reduces weight: Oat helps in weight reduction due to the presence of high amount of soluble fiber in it.
• Good source of protein: Oats have higher concentration of well balanced proteins than other cereals. Also, the quality of protein in oat is superior to the quality of proteins found in other cereals like rice, wheat, etc.
• Improves digestion: Oat promotes healthy bowel movements and cures constipation.
• Stronger bones: Oats are rich in calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Regular consumption of oat provides stronger bones and reduces the risks of osteoporosis.
• Excellent for Pregnancy: Oats are good source of thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and niacin. And these vitamins are the essential requirements of a pregnant woman.
• Good for skin: Oat meal is good for skin especially for the oily skins.
• Reduces stress: The use of oats is very beneficial in case of depression, insomnia, and physical and nervous fatigue.
• Energy Booster: Oat meals are an excellent energy boosters.
The lipids present in oats are a good balance of essential fatty acids, which have been with longevity and general good health.