Jaggery is rich in mineral content when compared to sugars. It has 60 times greater in mineral content when compared with refined white sugar. Jaggery is also a good source of proteins, minerals and vitamins, these are important for the body. This has a rich source of Iron and Copper. It is also known for its properties of purifying blood and regulating function of liver.
The medicinal value of jaggery is as follows:
• Jaggery has Magnesium; this enhances the strength of nervous system and relaxes the muscles. In this way helps to relieve from fatigue and protects the blood vessels.
• Jaggery also a good source of selenium which acts as an antioxidant by reducing free radicals in the cells.
• Jaggery has potassium and sodium in low amount, this helps in maintaining the pH balance in cell.
• Jaggery to increase iron content in blood and is recommended for anemia patients.
• Jaggery has anti allergy property. Thus is useful to take care of asthma.
• Jaggery is very good in treating migraine.
• Jaggery is very good for women who have irregular periods.
• Jaggery is very good food for people who are from dusty and polluted areas it helps them to breathe easier and counter pollution problems naturally.
• Jaggery has reasonable amount of calcium, phosphorous and zinc.
• Jaggery will help relieving from tension