Sprouts or “live foods” are edible seeds that are germinated. Seeds undergoing germination have many enzymatic changes in them which add to their nutritional value. They contain several essential nutrients and minerals that are unavailable in processed foods and even in some fresh fruits and vegetables. They increase the health quotient of every meal when added to our diet.
The most common sprouts include alfalfa, whole green grams, chick peas, fenugreek seeds, wheat and barley. They are recognized for their medicinal and nutritional properties.
The benefits of sprouts in our diet are as follows:
• Living seeds are quality food of high biophotons, which provide a high bioenergetic value, to energize our body and help the entire organism function, and prefer and repair defects.
• Sprouts are powerful source of anti-oxidants in the form of vitamins, minerals and enzymes, which assist in protecting the body from free radical damage.
• As sprouts are germinating seeds, they are only food source having abundant quantity of oxygen which is very important for the good health of our body cells.
• Sprouts are alkaline and have alkalizing affect on the body which makes the immune system strong.
• Sprouts provide us with whole foods, full of living enzymes: a vital life force.
• Sprouts are good source of essential fatty acids which play a major role in our body immune defenses.
• Sprouts are one of the highest food sources of fibers, essential for good health.
• Sprouts are chlorophyll-rich foods and hence are powerful blood purifiers and blood builders. They are very effective against anemia.
• Sprouts have a generous supply of vitamins particularly vitamin B complex and vitamin C.
• They are excellent source of proteins, minerals and carbohydrates.
• Sprouts have low calorific value and high glycemic index, which prove them to be healthier. And last but not the least, they provide the best nutritional value for money. They are the most economical food available.