Kiwi fruit, which shares its name with the flightless bird, is not usually the first choices of many people when buying fruits. Actually, kiwifruit has not gained as much popularity when compared to other fruits like apple or banana. They are sometimes visible as a green fruit in salads. They are very sweet and have cute little ring of seeds around the center. The skin is usually not eaten.
These cute, little and sweet fruits have more to deliver than what is generally thought. Let’s look at some of the benefits these fruits have to offer:
• They can deliver soothing relief to the uncomfortable feeling of acid indigestion after a heavy meal or any time.
• It acts as a natural antacid giving an instant cooling sensation feeling to the upset stomach.
• Kiwifruits are also high in vitamin C, niacin and vitamin E, making them an excellent choice of fruit during the common cold.
• Due the massive amount of potassium, they are excellent for people suffering with hypertension/high blood pressure.
• They are rich in flavonoids and thus, help prevent the oxidative damage to the body cells.
• They have high dietary fiber content which helps in improving diseases like diabetes and colon cancer.
• Fibers are also proven to reduce the cholesterol levels, improving the conditions of patients with cardiovascular diseases and lowering the chances of getting a heart attack.
• Kiwifruit is a healthy choice and is particularly helpful in the prevention of:
-Wheezing and coughing, especially in children
-protects our DNA from mutations
-provides healthy amount of antioxidants and vitamins