During the earlier days, it was a common belief that non vegetarian diet is superior to the vegetarian diet as it provides more power and is full of energetic ingredients. This theory attracted more and more people towards nonvegetarianism. But now following the modern researches, the concept is changing.
• Recent studies have found vegetarian diet to be closer to and useful for human nature.
• Non vegetarian food contain cholesterol and saturated fatty acids which are the root cause of problems like coronary heart disease, strokes, eye diseases and high blood pressure.
• In a non vegetarian diet only 60% of the content is useful for the body, rest 40% contains harmful and toxic products.
• Non vegetarian food is very heavy for the human stomach and can cause acidity problems thus leading to the origin of many gastrointestinal diseases.
• Vegetarian food contains high amount of dietary fiber whereas non-vegetarian food lacks fiber. The presence of dietary fibers lower the risk of coronary heart disease, cancer, piles, obesity, diabetes, constipation, hitatus hernia, irritable bowel syndrome, dental caries and gallstones.
• Many disease causing microorganisms can travel in the body of the human being consuming non-vegetarian food and can cause serious diseases but vegetarian food is free of all these.
• Studies have revealed that body of non-vegetarian animals contains high levels of hydrochloric acid that the vegetarian ones. But human body is not suited for such high amount of acid. Hence, human body is meant only for the vegetarian diet.
• The incidence of high BP, heart disease, obesity and cholesterol has been found to be greater among non-vegetarian people.
• Exception to the above, egg white and few varieties of small fishes contains less fat but high amount of proteins, minerals and vitamins.
Thus, vegetarian diet proves to be a basis of a healthy and disease free life.