Lips are soft, movable, and a tactile sensory organ, which does produce oil like our skin since it doesn’t have any oil glands. It is tougher to keep our lips smooth and without any chap since the mucous membrane covers our lip. Cracks seen in our lips may result due to weather change or allergic reaction to lipsticks and other cosmetics, biting of lips is also a commonly found reason.
Lip Protection Methods:
• Wetting your lip often is not good
• Stop smoking
• Apply lip balm or Vaseline now and then, specially before using a lipstick
• Avoid regular use of lipstick
• Take vitamin B, C foods in diet
• Lips will also need exfoliation, this need to be done very carefully, a toothbrush or a mixture of baking soda and water may be used.
Tips to get soft lips:
• Maintain the moisture content in your body; drink at least 8 glass of water per day.
• Moisturizing your lips by licking them is good once in a while but doing it often will make them drier.
• Choose a proper moisturizer for your lips. Products with Vitamin E or cocoa butter are more advised.
• While applying lip balms gently massage your lips in circular motion.
• Butter, honey, olive oil and coconut juice are natural source of moisturizer for lip. Apply them in circular motion and leave it for 1 or 2 minutes, you may leave them or wipe them with a tissue paper. The lips will have a shining look and honey is known to add plumpness.
• Avoid sharing lip balm, since it may spread infection.
• Before going to bed it is recommended to apply 2 coats of Vaseline or Chap Stick. This will help to maintain the moisturizer.