Skin is considered to be body’s mirror as it reflects the inner health both emotionally and physically. Flawless skin, thick hair and pink nails indicate the person is healthy.
Proper skincare treatments are essential in preventing skin damage and premature skin aging. Taking good care of skin will also delay the natural aging process and fights against skin infections.
Tips for Moisturizing skin in Cold weather:
• The best way to prevent dry skin in clod weather is to keep our self internally moisturized and nourished by drinking at least eight glasses of water per day and cutting down caffeine and alcohol will keep skin hydrated.
• Eating balanced diet which is rich in proteins and vitamins is very important for skin health. Also try to include leafy vegetables and fruits everyday.
• Exfoliating skin once in a week will help to remove dead skin cells and promote healthy skin. It can be done by massaging the face in circular motions for 15 minutes using scrubs and then wash with Luke warm water.
• Apply a good quality moisturizer which has vitamin E on the skin just after you taking bath. It helps in locking the moisture in the body for a longer time.
• Use a high quality lip balm to moisturize the lips and gently brush the lips using tooth brush to remove the dead skins.
• In winter dead cells will accumulate on the skin, by following cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturize everyday will keep the skin healthy.
• Apply sunscreen even during winter to protect the skin from damage.
• Keep the home environment warm by running a humidifier inside the house.
• Never use soaps especially during winter. Use a moisturizing bathing lotion, which contains glycerin or olive oil.
• Applying a mixture of almond oil and honey on the skin will keep skin moist.