A Smile will project you dental care habits. Do not be tempted to skip off from daily chores like brushing your teeth and flossing. Following simple oral hygiene can help you maintain your smile forever. Teeth and mouth are prone to many problems so they need an extra care.
• Brush teeth at least twice a day, preferably, once in the morning and once before bed. It is advisable to brush after meals.
• Give a gentle massage with a finger through the gums after brushing. This will help the gums to tighten up.
• Make use of proper equipments. Select a suitable brush that is gentle over the teeth and soft to the gums. Replace toothbrush once in three months. Choose fluoride toothpaste.
• Learn the right technique of brushing. Hold the brush at 45 degrees angle against the teeth and use back and front motion. Repeat for about two minutes. Brush inside and chewing surface of the teeth. Clean and scrub the tongue.
• Chewing sugar free gums can prevent bad breath and clears plague acids that cause tooth decay.
• A regular visit to the dentist is recommended. Teeth need a professional cleansing once in a while.
• Maintain a healthy balanced diet that includes calcium, protein, phosphorus, and vitamins. Limit sticky sugary substances. Brush teeth immediately after consuming it.
• Quit smoking and avoid cola drinks.
• Oral piercing such as tongue or lips may lead to allergies, infections, damages to gums etc.