While the monsoon brings welcome respite from the summer heat, it also possesses a lot of challenges for the healthy skin. The heat induced rashes of the summer time are replaced by the humidity induced problems of the rainy season. The biggest complaint during the rainy season is the fungal infections. This is due to the fact that a fungus thrives in humidity which is very much high during the monsoon season. As a result of the fungus infections, a person develops circular, itchy, reddish and flaky patches on the body especially in the underarms, skin fold at the groin and the area around the breast in the females. These fungal infections are highly contagious and proper precaution should be taken to prevent them from occurring.
Overexposure of a person’s skin to the rainy water makes it more prone to the fungus infections. Feet and hands are the most fungal-infections prone part of the human body. Therefore, hands and feet should be kept dry and well-ventilated as far as possible. Always wear dry clothes and keep your body dry in order to prevent fungus from making colonies on your skin. If you are drenched in rain, immediately take shower to wash off the rain water and wear comfortable, clean and dry clothes.
Sick, dull and oily looking skin with nondescript occurrences of itching is the common problem during the rainy season. Following are some of the tips in order to protect your skin and enhance your complexion during the rainy season,
• Use a face scrub twice a week to exfoliate your skin.
• A face wash containing alpha hydroxyl acid helps to refresh the skin but using it more than once a day may be harmful for your skin.
• Use a toner/astringent each time you wash the face to close the pores and rebalance the skins pH.
• Don’t forget to include plenty of fruits in your diet. Include fruits like guavas, papayas, pomegranates, apples and also the dry fruits like raisins, cashews, almonds, figs and nuts. Be sure to wash these fruits properly before the intake.
• And at last but not the least, include water in your healthy regime. Drink plenty of water because water flushes most anti-health particles out from our body.
Protect your skin from the monsoon season and enjoy the rainy climate to the maximum.