It is very important that pregnant women should be avoid some of food items, include
• Alcohol consumption during pregnancy increases risk of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) that causes birth defects and mental retardation.
• Excessive caffeine including coke, pepsi, and mountain dew increases risk of miscarriage and low birth weight.
• Saccharin is an artificial sweetener, it cross the placenta and end up in baby's blood stream and cause bladder cancer.
• Sea food such as shark, swordfish, king mackerel, and tilefish with high mercury level, increases risk of nervous system of the baby.
• Unpasteurized cheeses and meats cause food poisoning, increase risk of miscarriage, premature birth.