Treatment depends upon the severity of psoriasis and not every treatment is suitable to every one. Different treatments include:
1) Topical therapy - this includes various creams, lotions, shampoo. This treatment is used for small portion of the body.
• Corticosteroids include hydrocortisone
• Non steroids include:
Vitamin D - derived dovonex normalizes cell growth
Tazorac is a retinoid like drug which help in maturation and normalizing the cell growth.
Immune modulating drug like protopic and Elidel reduce inflammation without side effects of steroids.
Anthralin works by slowing down the skin cell growth.
• Ultraviolet B (UVB) - its a light box which help to heal lesions.
• Psoralen with ultraviolet A(PUVA) - it involves combined use of photosensitizing medication called psoralen and a long-wave ultraviolet light (UVA).
• Excimer lasers - these are used to treat small localized area of psoriasis.
• Etanercept (Enbrel) and infliximab (Remicade) belong to the class of biologic medicines called tumor necrosis factor (TNF) blockers.
• Alefacept (Amevive) and efalizumab (Raptiva) are T-cell blockers and block the overactive T-cells.
• Cyclosporin A - it slows the immune system and may help in decrease the inflammation of psoriasis.
• Methotrexate (MTX) - it helps to slow down cell reproduction and decrease inflammation.
• Minimized stress
• Bathing in hot water help in reducing scaling
• Use a humidifier at home
• Be away from skin injuries and skin infections.
• Keep skin lubricated always by applying some oils, creams and petroleum jelly
|SO SHOULD I USE ANYTHING TO AVOID THE RECURRENCE??? ...|
|sir, can psoriasis totally be cured?i am suffering from this.how long will it ta ...|
|how to treat psoriasis ...|
|I AM SUFFERING FROM PSORIASIS FOR LAST 25 YEARS.NOW FOR 1 YEAR MY BODIES IS GETT ...|
|Methotraxate 7.5 mg wekly dose or azoran 100 mg daily with prednosole which is m ...|
|Hi, I am 25 years old and I am on 50 mg Thyronorm for subclinical hypothyroidism ...|
|i(female) am psoriasis patient suffering from 6months consulted 2 doctors... 1st ...|
|my wife is suffering from psoriasis from last 2 years and having ayurvedic treat ...|
|im having this problem for the past 16 years and i used DIPSALIC Oinment and moi ...|
|My 9 year old son has had psoriasis on both of his eyelids for about 3 years now ...|