Sinusitis is a common condition caused by inflammation, swelling of paranasal sinuses. These paranasal sinuses are aerated cavities present in bones of face that are developed from nasal cavities and have communication with it.
Based on location -
• Maxillary sinusitis - it can cause pain or pressure in the maxillary in the cheek area.
• Frontal sinusitis - it can cause pain or pressure in the frontal sinus cavity behind or above the eyes.
• Sphenoid sinusitis - it can cause pain or pressure behind the eyes, but often refers to the vertex of the head.
• Ethmoid sinusitis - it can cause pain or pressure pain between/behind eyes.
Based on duration -
• Acute Sinusitis - it is of viral origin and most commonly caused by cold. It is also caused by bacteria. The most three causative agents are Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis. Other bacteria include Staphylococcus aureus and other streptococci species, anaerobic bacteria and, less commonly, gram negative bacteria. Viral sinusitis last for 7-10 days and bacterial sinusitis are more persistent. Acute sinusitis is seen more in Diabetes and HIV/AIDS patients.
• Chronic sinusitis - it is also called as chronic hyperplastic sinusitis. It is caused due to environmental factors, dust and pollution.it is caused by combination of anaerobic and aerobic bacteria are observed, including Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative Staphylococci. Many patients with chronic sinusitis have more esinophils in mucus lining of nose.
|Dear Sir, I am 29Years at the time of wakeup morning from bed daily I feel stuff ...|
|sir i have been detected with middle dns of sinus i dont want to do surjery plz ...|
|I am suffering from infection from last 3 months and i feel some streaching when ...|
|Sir, I Vikram K thank you for your help so far I request you tell if there are a ...|
|I have some sinus problem for the past three years. I found that i have attacke ...|
|hello doctor,im frequently affected with cold and cough. and my cheecks si ...|
|Hello Doctor I am suffering from pain in my left neck joint till my left fore h ...|
|what is the cure for maxillary sinusites ...|
|what is the best medicine for permanent blocked nose, i work in AC envirnoments ...|
|I am a patient of sinusitis & mild DNS. Sometimes causing nasal bleeding in ...|