Sinusitis is a common condition caused by inflammation, swelling of paranasal sinuses. These paranasal sinuses are aerated cavities present in bones of face that are developed from nasal cavities and have communication with it.
Based on location -
• Maxillary sinusitis - it can cause pain or pressure in the maxillary in the cheek area.
• Frontal sinusitis - it can cause pain or pressure in the frontal sinus cavity behind or above the eyes.
• Sphenoid sinusitis - it can cause pain or pressure behind the eyes, but often refers to the vertex of the head.
• Ethmoid sinusitis - it can cause pain or pressure pain between/behind eyes.
Based on duration -
• Acute Sinusitis - it is of viral origin and most commonly caused by cold. It is also caused by bacteria. The most three causative agents are Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis. Other bacteria include Staphylococcus aureus and other streptococci species, anaerobic bacteria and, less commonly, gram negative bacteria. Viral sinusitis last for 7-10 days and bacterial sinusitis are more persistent. Acute sinusitis is seen more in Diabetes and HIV/AIDS patients.
• Chronic sinusitis - it is also called as chronic hyperplastic sinusitis. It is caused due to environmental factors, dust and pollution.it is caused by combination of anaerobic and aerobic bacteria are observed, including Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative Staphylococci. Many patients with chronic sinusitis have more esinophils in mucus lining of nose.
|Hello Doctor I am suffering from pain in my left neck joint till my left fore h ...|
|Sir,Namaskar-My 11yrs old son is suffering from sinus/Nasal Polyps problem.His p ...|
|dear sir, this is capt sarath, 6'1, 73 kgs.i am very healthy and i am an athlete ...|
|till what age does sinusitis last?any vaccines for sinusitis?what precautions sh ...|
|I would like to know the best doctor in Bangalore for consultation and treatment ...|
|respected sir, i am 26 year old male from india. I am suffering from a lot of di ...|
|My 10yrs old son is suffering from sionus problem.His both the nostrills are blo ...|
|had headach did MRI,result bilateral Ethmoidal sinusitis,had dead reeling doc ga ...|
|my sinus is not giving me a brake at all.i sneeze a lot my nose keep on running ...|
|dear docter,iam affected heavy headache my ENT docter advice PNS XRAY he will fi ...|