• Onglyza is a tablet taken once a day to treat type 2 diabetes. This comes under the category called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor that helps by stimulating the pancreas to produce more insulin.
• Sulfonylurea is an oral diabetes medicine that makes the body produce insulin. Examples include acetohexamide, chlorpropamide, glipizide and glyburide.
• Meglitinides makes the body produce insulin in higher quantity. Examples include nateglinide and repaglinide. These pills are usually taken with meals.
• Thiazolidinediones include pioglitazone and rosiglitazone.
• Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors helps to maintain a low blood sugar level by making the body absorb sugar slowly. These include acarbose and miglitol.
• Sometimes certain medication is combined and given to the patient.
Pancreatic islet transplantation: Pancreatic islet transplantation is the procedure where the islet taken from the donor is purified, processed and transferred to another person. Once the islets are implanted the beta cells begin to make and release insulin. This is usually for type 1 diabetes patient for whom the patients will be able to live without daily injections of insulin.
|what is the diffrence between sitagliptin and vildagliptin ...|
|I feel burning sensation at my feet. My sugar level is Blood Fasting 120 PP ...|
|My doctor has asked me to take 1/2 metformin sustained release tablets of 500 mg ...|
|I am 53 years male with HBP since 1989. Since last 2 years I had IGT and my fast ...|
|hello, i am taking glyciphage sr 1 gm twice daily after lunch n dinner.i want kn ...|
|Sir, I am a diabetic since 1992 I had been using dianorm for the same. in 2 ...|
|Is it right that doctors go on increasing the dosage of insulin and tablets to d ...|
|Do you have any idea about the Insulin Plant? Are the leaves of the Insulin Plan ...|
|Iam a diabetes patient under control.I heard that coconut oil is good for diabet ...|
|i had sum problems about in the left side of breast side sum time small p ...|