• Mood stabilizing medications are best medicines to treat bipolar disorder. These medications are commonly used as mood stabilizers in bipolar disorder:
- Valproic acid or divalproex sodium (Depakote)
- The anticonvulsant lamotrigine (Lamictal)
- Other anticonvulsant medications, including gabapentin (Neurontin), topiramate (Topamax), and oxcarbazepine (Trileptal) are sometimes prescribed.
• Atypical antipsychotic medications are sometimes used to treat symptoms of bipolar disorder. Such as Olanzapine (Zyprexa), Aripiprazole (Abilify), Quetiapine (Seroquel) relieves the symptoms of severe and sudden manic episodes. Risperidone (Risperdal) and ziprasidone (Geodon) are other atypical antipsychotics that may also be prescribed for controlling manic or mixed episodes.
• Antidepressant medications are to treat symptoms of bipolar depression include Fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft), and bupropion (Wellbutrin).
Side effects medication:
Side effects of the medicines include
• Mood swings
• Stuffed or runny nose or other cold-like symptoms
|I have been diagnosed as a moods disorder patient and the doctor has prescribed ...|
|What are the properties of the medicine libotrype xl? is it a sedative or being ...|
|what is nexito plus & its side effects ...|
|Hello Doctor, I am advised following medicines for Depression / Bipolar since Ju ...|
|my sons condition is desribed as mania by doctor. is it related to depression or ...|
|My son when at the age of 10 suddenly one day started behaving abnormally and a ...|
|my father is 55-year-old and has suffered with type-1 diabetes since the age of ...|
|My wife suffers from bipolar disorder for the last many years. However she is ta ...|
|today from the newspaper i knowing that my brother might be suffering from baipo ...|
|My wife is getting treatment of Bipolar disorder.Doctor is giving her oxcarbazep ...|