Pneumonia is an inflammation of lungs caused by bacteria, virus, fungi and other organisms. Inflammation is mainly due to alveoli (air filled sacs) in lungs responsible for absorbing oxygen. Often it begins after an upper respiratory tract infection.Pneumonia is a common illness which is seen at all age groups.It is leading cause for death in older 65 and in children less than 5 years old.
• Bacterial Pneumonia - it caused by bacteria either pneumococcus or streptococcus pneumonia.
• Walking pneumonia - it is caused by Mycoplasma Pneumonia.
• Aspiration pneumonia - it is caused due to inhaling foreign material by food, secretions from mouth to lungs.
• Atypical pneumonia - these are milder forms and are usually caused by certain bacteria like Chlamydophila pneumonia, Mycoplasma pneumonia, Legionella pneumophila.
• Klebsiella pneumonia - It is a common hospital acquired pathogen, causing urinary tract infections, nosocomial pneumonia, and intraabdominal infections.
• Viral pneumonia - it is caused by virus and is not very serious.
• Community acquired pneumonia (CAP) - it is an serious infection of lungs that is acquired outside of hospital.
• Bronchial pneumonia - this type of pneumonia spreads to several patches of lungs. It is most prevalent in infants, young children and aged adults.
• Fungal pneumonia - it is caused by Histoplasma capsulatum, Coccidioides immitis, Blastomyces dermatitidis, Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, Candida species, Aspergillus species, Mucor species, Cryptococcus neoformans.
• Pneumocystis Pneumonia - it is caused by Pneumocystis carnii. It is seen people with HIV/AIDS or weakened system.
• Lipoid pneumonia - this type of pneumonia is caused due to use of mineral oil like laxative and as a result of aspiration of liquids.
• Nosocomial pneumonia - this type of pneumonia is acquired during or after hospital for another illness.
|Dear Dr Last month my father age 68 years was admited in hosipital due to some ...|
|My son is suffering acute cough since long time, could be 2 months from now, He ...|
|Hi, Pls lemme know the tests & the respective testing centers in South India( ...|
|My son suffered from an attack of pneumonia when he was two and a half years old ...|
|what is myoplasma pneumonia with red cell aplasia?pl let me know the best medici ...|
|Dear Sir, Last year in march month i had a jaundice due to nimonia & that t ...|
|my daughter is 7 years old and prescribed omnacortil doses by physcian, she has ...|
|Patient (our relative) Suffering from Jaundice and pneumonia both. Admitted at K ...|
|What causes broncho-pneumonia in 5-year-old children? Is it hereditary? How can ...|
|have dry cough problem from last fifteen days. doctors says it is pnemonia from ...|