Is Ascoril Cough Expectorant safe for use in Children below 2 years?
Ascoril cough syrup contains terbutaline, bromhexine and guaifenesin. Guaifenesin is not approved for use in children below 2 years by FDA, however Ascoril syrup is prescribed to under 2 year children in India - with limited information on the safety.
- I AM A MOTHER OF 31/2 YEAR OLD SON.THE PROBLEM IS THAT HE HAS SEVERE I ...
- My question is addressed to any paediatrician and relates to Language ...
- I would like to know about my son who is born on 27 Jan 2002 so he is ...
- I have a son and he is 2 yrs & 7 months old. He is have Knock Knee ...
- My wife who has delivered a baby 1yr 3months ago and she was having ge ...
- I have a lovely daughter who is 2-1/2yrs she is doing ok but for food. ...
- MY SON AGED 6 YEARS WAS BORN WITH HYDROCAPLUS.ON 17TH DAY OF HIS BIRTH ...
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a condition which makes breathing difficulty and causes a long-lasting obstruction of the airways. The disease has a slow, progressive course and is irreversible. People with COPD can suffer from bronchiectasis and chronic asthma. COPD is characteri...More
Pertussis(Whooping Cough) is an acute, highly communicable bacterial disease characterized by a paroxysmal or spasmodic cough that usually ends in a prolonged, high pithed, crowing inspiration (the whoop). Pertussis is an endemic disease throughout the world. One attack does not confer natural im...More
News Letters Information
Air is shared by everyone on the earth’s surface. Living things breathe it and depend upon life for it. When pollution is added to it we can’t stop breathing or run away from it.
However, air pollutants that are inhaled have serious impact on human health affecting the lungs a...More
Onion is in fact a food storage tissue of its plant. Onion is known for its antioxidant value, it is also a rich source for calcium and riboflavin. Nutritive value of onion for every 100 gm of edible parts is given below:
• Carbohydrates 11.1 percent
• Protein 1.2 ...More
Not all people that have this disease may show signs of the infection but when symptoms do appear, they may take in a variety of forms, including the following:
Varicose veins are the veins that become enlarged. They commonly refer to the veins of the legs.
The indications of the varicose veins include:
• Swelling i...More
Chest pain is one of the most frightening symptoms a person can have. Chest pain can be both life threatening and non-life threatening. It can be due to cardiac and non-cardiac problems and the res...More