Is Ascoril Cough Expectorant safe for use in Children below 2 years?
Ascoril cough syrup contains terbutaline, bromhexine and guaifenesin. Guaifenesin is not approved for use in children below 2 years by FDA, however Ascoril syrup is prescribed to under 2 year children in India - with limited information on the safety.
- I AM A MOTHER OF 31/2 YEAR OLD SON.THE PROBLEM IS THAT HE HAS SEVERE I ...
- My question is addressed to any paediatrician and relates to Language ...
- I would like to know about my son who is born on 27 Jan 2002 so he is ...
- I have a son and he is 2 yrs & 7 months old. He is have Knock Knee ...
- My wife who has delivered a baby 1yr 3months ago and she was having ge ...
- I have a lovely daughter who is 2-1/2yrs she is doing ok but for food. ...
- MY SON AGED 6 YEARS WAS BORN WITH HYDROCAPLUS.ON 17TH DAY OF HIS BIRTH ...
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a condition which makes breathing difficulty and causes a long-lasting obstruction of the airways. The disease has a slow, progressive course and is irreversible. People with COPD can suffer from bronchiectasis and chronic asthma. COPD is characteri...More
Pertussis(Whooping Cough) is an acute, highly communicable bacterial disease characterized by a paroxysmal or spasmodic cough that usually ends in a prolonged, high pithed, crowing inspiration (the whoop). Pertussis is an endemic disease throughout the world. One attack does not confer natural im...More
News Letters Information
Air is shared by everyone on the earth’s surface. Living things breathe it and depend upon life for it. When pollution is added to it we can’t stop breathing or run away from it.
However, air pollutants that are inhaled have serious impact on human health affecting the lungs a...More
Onion is in fact a food storage tissue of its plant. Onion is known for its antioxidant value, it is also a rich source for calcium and riboflavin. Nutritive value of onion for every 100 gm of edible parts is given below:
• Carbohydrates 11.1 percent
• Protein 1.2 ...More
Malaria is a mosquito borne infectious disease which is widely prevalent in tropical and the subtropical regions of the world. Malaria is commonly associated with poverty and can indeed be a cause ...More
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot that is formed in the deep vein of the body. It most occurs in the deep vein of the leg or the thigh and lead to serious conditions if the breaks and trav...More
Whooping cough also known as pertussis, is a highly contagious disease caused by the bacteria Bordetella pertussis. It causes uncontrollable coughing. Anyone can get whooping cough; howeve...More